domingo, 13 de octubre de 2013

Sunday October 13, 2013

Today was my first day here. The plane ride was long but I slept for three hours. First I went to Miami and then to Chicago. When I arrived, I was so excited that I forgot about my exhaustion. My host and her mother were holding a sign that said 'Welcome Cami' at Marist. That was a good start to the day. We left Marist quickly and first stopped at Starbucks, feeling like home. Next, we went to a place called "Lake Katherine". There we walked around a big lake and we jumped rocks on the top of a waterfall. The park was very pretty and it was nice to walk around. After there, we went to her home and I met the rest of her family. I felt comfortable the whole day. I gave them the gifts that I brought from home and they loved them. We soon took a walk to the park right by her house and walked around the neighborhood. After that, we went to the supermarket and bought some food for dinner and the week. There was a lot of food there that I didn't know. When we got home, we got ready for church. This is the place that she goes to and sings at every week. The church had the same structure and I understood all of what was said. I met a priest who talked to me about the Pope, and he was very nice. After church, we went home and had dinner with her family. Then, her friends Chloe and Jim came over to listen to music and watch a movie. Chloe went to Argentina last year, so it was nice to talk to her about home. The movie we watched was filmed in Chicago and it got me really excited to go to the city! I'm really having a good time and I can't wait to get some sleep and go shopping tomorrow! See you soon.

1 comentario:

  1. Love to hear you`re having such a good time!!
    Trips like this open your mind and your heart!!!
    We love you, Cami!!! Have fun!
    A big hug for you and for the O¨Neil family!!!

    ResponderBorrar